The University of Arizona produces more than $530 million in annual research, is ranked as one of the top 15 public research universities in the nation, and is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU), a group of 62 leading U.S. Universities distinguished by the breadth and quality of their programs in research and graduate education.
The University of Arizona has numerous world-class research groups working at the cutting edges of technology and translating research into practical applications. The UA is a research partner to businesses of all types and sizes – from technology startups to the most demanding global industry partners.
Prominent UA-Industry Alignments
At the UA, research competencies and collaborative experience are especially strong in the following areas:
- The Office of the Vice President for Research, Graduate Studies, & Economic Development
- UA Departments and Colleges
- UA Research Centers / Institutes
- College of Medicine Centers
- College of Pharmacy Research Centers
- College of Engineering Research Centers
- Sponsored Projects
- Research Policies and Procedures.